we are currently full on interviews for the rest of the year but stay tuned for more information!
About the blog: I’ve answered all the other questions and have come to answer this question last because I find it is the hardest one. I have been through such a huge journey with blogging. I started out at blogspot, moved to wordpress, then back to blogger which I neglected for a while, and now (of for the past year) I feel like I have found my sense of blogging, so here I am and ready for the world.
I love to write, and I love people. I love talking, laughing, socialising, and listening to the stories of other people’s lives, and I like people to listen to mine. I love my country, and my blog is a space for me to tell you about my life, my experiences, my thoughts, my rantings, my hopes and dreams. I feel like I have a very full life ahead of me, and I choose to share it with blogging friends all over the world.
I talk a lot about the things that inspire me. I never talk about fashion – I’m from Zimbabwe, honey, and we’re not known for our endless about of shops to buy clothes at. I share a lot of my experiences, especially now during the last year of school when all the most important, crazy things are happening. People inspire me, and in turn, I inspire people and I do that through my blog.
How long she’s been blogging: A year or two
If you like ________, then you’ll like her blog: Pina Colada’s and getting caught in the rain!!! Just kidding. This is such a hard question with so much to say… If you like (love) life, then you’ll like my blog.
Some random facts about her:
- I don’t have a sweet tooth at all.
- I beat my boyfriend in a drinking competition – REPRESENT!
- I am VERY hard on myself in terms of work, school… well, everything really.
- I’m not religious, but more spiritual. I believe in a higher-power of some sort.
- I LOVE sushi. It’s safe to say it’s an obsession.
- I’ve never had a surprise I didn’t know about before. Nothing goes down without me knowing. Nothing. It’s quite sad, really.
- I hate routine, and hope that I find a career path that involves people, travel, and different things every day.
- I have a lot of daddy issues, but I love my dad more than anything. He says that I am the female version of his younger self, and because we are so similar, we fight so much!
- I bite my nails, and it’s a huge effort to stop. I got acrylic tips put on to stop me biting them for my Matric Dance next month.
- I don’t like tequila, and people bought me tequila shots when I was worked as a bartender. And I was SOBER 99% of the time. It grows on you.
Favorite thing about blogging: My favourite thing about blogging is the people you meet through the stories you tell. There is so much to see and do all over the world, and there is so much to know, and I couldn’t be able to do or know half of it before I die, but with the family you create through your blog, you share these experiences and it opens up another world for you – a world you would never have known without blogging. I also LOVE the fact that I can dress up my blog – I love the designing aspect of it, too.
A piece of advice for new bloggers: If I could offer one piece of advice to new bloggers, it would be to only be yourself when writing a post. Talk as if you were telling a friend something in real life. Post something on a regular basis, and use a bit of pictures and words. Discover the identity and personality you want your blog to have – what is it’s purpose? You don’t have to spend too much time on that though, because I think it will come over time. I can’t tell you how many blogs I launched, how many designs I used and how much time was spent wondering about the actual life of the blog… until I fell in love with my blog now. Everything takes time.
Anything else: Everything else that needs to be said, is said on my blog. As I have said, it is an extension of me.