we are currently full on interviews for the rest of the year but stay tuned for more information!
Find her on the web:
About the blog: I write a food blog with little bits of my life thrown in for fun. I actually started it while in-and-out of the hospital in June, and I couldn’t eat anything! But I blogged away and watched my family eat. It was awesomely ironic! I love trying new recipes, sharing mine, tweaking all over the place, and connecting with other food-lovers. My Mom has always told me I needed to “”get a hobby”", and thanks to inspiration from a few dear friends, I have! I am passionate about my food and my blog, and hope to someday, far far off in the distant misty future, write a cookbook.
I am married to my best friend since teenager-hood, have two entertaining little boys, and a giant black beastie who is my Personal Snuggler. They feature in those bits of life regularly. We have adventures and eat awesome food, and I hope people get a smile out of my ramblings.
How long she’s been blogging: 2 months
If you like ________, then you’ll like her blog: Food, dimples, (they DO exist!) and the thoughts and adventure of a forever-young-at-heart Mom
Some random facts about her:
- I never dated my husband. He took me to junior prom, as my graduate-best-friend-who-didn’t-even-go-to-my-school, then after his mission we went from best friends to engaged in a day.
- I’m mildly obsessed with Bollywood.
- If I didn’t have to worry about visiting family, I would move to the UK or Alaska.
- I have a HORRIBLE temper. (eek!)
- I have a tendency to act like a little kid…
- I haven’t bought new clothes (other than an item rarely here and there) in 5 years, and am desperate for help this fall!! (All you fashion bloggers, save me!!)
- I still play my music way too loud, sing at the top of my lungs and awkwardly dance around my living room. My neighbors must think I’m bonkers.
- I don’t like chocolate (I know, I know!!) and HATE cilantro.
Favorite thing about blogging: MAKING FRIENDS!! No seriously, I always feel so awkward meeting new people in person. I feel loud, and gawky, and dowdy, and chubby, and weird. I usually find out years later that people don’t see that at all, but I can’t get rid of it! I like being able to present the real deep-down-inside me through my blog, and have kindred spirits drop by and stay a while!
A piece of advice for new bloggers: Be YOU. I was so tempted at the beginning to try and sound like my favorite bloggers, and was sometimes disappointed in myself, because they were just so wonderful! I know this gets said a lot, but it’s true. Don’t ever catch yourself TRYING to sound funnier, or more clever, or more whatever, just write YOU, how you talk and think.
Anything else: Hello Future Friends!!